Chipotle Chicken Sandwiches2 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“The smoky flavor of chipotle flavors these delicious chicken and peppers sandwiches highlighted by a mouthwatering barbecue sauce.” - by Campbell's Kitchen
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in 2 batches and cook for 10 minutes until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the pepper and onion to the saucepot and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir the soup, water, vinegar, brown sugar and chile pepper in the saucepot. Heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the saucepot. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is fork-tender.
- Remove the chicken from the saucepot to a cutting board. Using 2 forks shred the chicken. Return the chicken to the saucepot.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve the chicken mixture on the buns. Top with the cheese, if desired.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 426 cal
- 17.3 g
- 31.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Quite delicious. I substituted canned San Marcos brand chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (sliced) for the ground pepper. It gave a nicely complex flavor. Would suggest serving it with flour tortillas a..." See mores a taco. We didn't use the cheese, didn't miss it. Served with a black bean, corn, rice, & pineapple salad topped in tomatillo salsa."
"I easily did this in a slow cooker! Browned the chicken on the stovetop as instructed . Mixed the soup,vinegar, water, brown sugar and chipotle in the cooker. Put the bell pepper in, then the browned ..." See morechicken and finally topped with the onions. Covered on high until tender- not sure how long that was. When the onions started to cook down , I stirred everything to combine in the liquid. I did however use 2 Tablespoons canned diced chipotle instead of dry"
West African-Style Chicken and Fennel Stew
Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches by Campbell's Kitchen
Just swipe to see more like this.