Turkey Breast Roulade with Apple and Raisin Stuffing4 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 25 min
“A boneless turkey breast is rolled around stuffing with apple and raisins.” - by Kristy Ainslie
Original recipe yields 1 6-pound roast
- Place the water, butter, and raisins into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, stir in the stuffing mix, cover, and let stand until the stuffing mixture absorbs the liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning and the apple lightly into the stuffing. Allow the stuffing mixture to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a rack into a roasting pan.
- Carefully remove the turkey breast skin in one piece without tearing the skin, and set aside. Bone the turkey breast (see notes) keeping the meat in one piece but removing the strip of cartilage and gristle between the two breast halves, if necessary. Pull the two tenderloin sections outward from the main part of the breast, keeping them attached, to expand the boneless piece of turkey into a roughly square-shaped piece of meat. Sprinkle the inside of the breast with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning.
- Spread the stuffing mixture all over the inside of the breast meat piece, and firmly roll the stuffed breast into a compact roll. Spread the reserved turkey skin out, and place the stuffed roll in the middle of the skin. Pull and roll the skin over the stuffed meat, and tie the stuffed roll together with cooking twine. Place the roll onto the roasting rack with the seam side down.
- Roast the stuffed breast in the preheated oven until the skin is golden brown, the meat is no longer pink inside, and the temperature of the roll, measured at the thickest part, reads 170 degrees F (75 degrees C), 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Allow the roast to stand covered with a tent of aluminum foil for at least 10 minutes before removing the twine for slicing.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 680 cal
- 29.7 g
- 12.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"This had such a great flavor. And it was pretty easy to make. I used a boneless turkey breast to start with. And I added some sauted onions to my stuffing (for my husband). The raisins and apples ..." See moreadd so much flavor to the stuffing. The turkey was very moist and delicious."
"I made this for this past Christmas and it was PERFECT! I followed the recipe to a tee and our guests commented that I should open a restaurant. So tender, juicy, and flavorful! I purchased my turk..." See moreey breast from a local Whole Foods butcher dept and the young man grabbed a fresh turkey and deboned it perfectly for me!"
Slow Cooker Boneless Turkey Breast
Roasted Turkey Breast With Herbs
Just swipe to see more like this.