Herb-Glazed Roasted Turkey42 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 4 hr
- Ready In: 4 hr 45 min
“The holiday season means it's Turkey Time. I could never figure out why so many people wanted to come over...until they confessed it was my recipe for turkey! Gobble, Gobble! I do not stuff the turkey. I make my own stuffing on the side and serve in a festive dish. ” - by MOIRA
Original recipe yields 1 roasted turkey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Rinse the turkey, and pat thoroughly dry with paper towels. Brush the turkey with olive oil, inside and out.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and the thyme in a small bowl, and sprinkle the turkey with the mixture.
- Place the turkey on a rack set in a roasting pan, and roast in the preheated oven for 2 hours.
- In a bowl, stir together the honey, melted butter, sage, parsley, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper, until the mixture is smooth and well blended. Brush the turkey with the honey glaze, and return to the oven.
- Roast the turkey until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 2 more hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Continue to brush the turkey with the honey glaze frequently as it roasts. Remove the turkey from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 828 cal
- 41.1 g
- 17.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (42)Rate This Recipe
"Excellent, excellent, excellent and very easy to prepare. I made a gravy with the drippings and it certainly needed salt (was pretty sweet). Wouldn't change a thing!..." See more"
"The Glaze is amazing. I made this for Christmas dinner, but did not have a full cup of honey. I improvised and added light karo syrup to get the full cup. I was really happy with that add, as it wa..." See mores not a strong over-powering taste that you can get when cooking with straight honey. I also used fresh basil from my garden. The glaze was so flavorful that I also brushed it on the tops of my homemade rolls. They gave a whole new flavor to sticky buns! I am sure you will enjoy this recipie as much as we did! Becky in Arizona...."
"This recipe by Moira is actually my mom!! Hi mom!! Of course we are an italian family and my mom can obviously cook like no other but I am not a fan of cooking, however this year we were not going to ..." See morebe together so I decided I was going to cook my first turkey ever and I used this recipe. IT WAS AMAZAING!!! I followed the instructions exactly as my mom instructed and it came out so tender, so perfectly cooked! I am going to make this turkey again on Christmas day!! THE BEST TURKEY EVER!"
Rosemary Roasted Turkey
Cola Roast Turkey
Just swipe to see more like this.