Caramel Apple Cranberry Pie26 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“I wanted a pie that combined the best-loved flavors of the season: apples; cranberries; cinnamon; and nutmeg! We had 5 different types of pie this Thanksgiving, and this pie received the most compliments. It was so good, I'm actually seriously thinking about entering it in our county fair this summer!” - by Goldilocks19
Original recipe yields 1 9-inch pie
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Press one of the pie pastries into a 9-inch pie plate; reserve the remaining pastry.
- Pour the lemon juice into a container that large enough for the apples and fill halfway with cold water. Peel and slice the apples into the lemon water; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cornstarch to form a paste. Stir in 2 tablespoons of water along with the vanilla extract, 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg; bring to a simmer. Drain the apples and add them to the sugar mixture along with the cranberries. Cook and stir 5 minutes; remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the fruit into the pie plate and press on the top crust. Stir together 1 tablespoon of white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon; sprinkle over the pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking until the top crust is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 530 cal
- 26.5 g
- 72.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (26)Rate This Recipe
"OMG! The title of this pie was intriguing. The taste... sublime! My DH says he's never had better. The instructions were very clear and easy to follow...." See more"
John in Tampa
"This was the very first 2-crust (covered) pie I ever made (please don't laugh!), and so I forgot to vent the top... Naturally, it blew-up while baking and looked like it was mailed from Beirut when i..." See moret came out of the oven! Even with my mid-oven pyrotechnics, it was absolutely delicious! I'll try again in a few weeks with my new-found respect for venting and see what happens! The flavor was just awesome, and it wasn't difficult to make the caramel portion at all. Thanks for a fab recipe!"
Chef John's Caramel Apple Pie
Apple Blackberry Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.