Sir Laurier d'Arthabaska Cheese Baked in a Nut Crust0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“For this elegant appetizer, a rich and intensely flavored soft-ripened, washed-rind cheese is baked with a crust of nuts and bread crumbs. Serve with a nut or fruit bread. ” - by DuVillage
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix nuts and breadcrumbs together. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne.
- Remove the rind from top of the Sir Laurier d'Arthabaska cheese. Coat the cheese with egg on all sides, with the exception of the rindless top. Place in nut/breacrumb mixture so that a nutty crust is formed. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Wrap the cheese in aluminum foil leaving rindless top exposed. Then, place it on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with nut or fruit bread and desired slices of fruit.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 150 cal
- 11.1 g
- 6.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Veal Medallions with Sauteed Mushrooms and Sauvagine Fondue
Just swipe to see more like this.