Baked Cheese in Pastry0 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 55 min
“Baked cheese wrapped in puff pastry with apricots and rosemary makes a crowd-pleasing, elegant appetizer. Serve with hazelnut bread, if available. ” - by DuVillage
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place the cheese in the freezer for 1 hour. With a sharp knife, remove the top rind and place the cheese in the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, combine the jam, apricots and rosemary. Set aside.
- Roll out the dough into a 22 cm (9 in.) square. Place the whole cheese in the middle of the square, rindless side up. Spoon the apricot mixture over the top of the cheese.
- Beat the egg yolk with the cold water and brush the edges of the dough with the mixture. Bring two opposite corners of the dough up over the cheese and seal together well. Repeat with the other corners. Turn the cheese over and place on a parchment-lined plate (sealed edges down). Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. (400 degrees F.).
- Turn the cheese over (sealed edges up) and transfer to a 15 cm (6 in) round baking dish. Brush with the egg yolk mixture.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until the crust is nicely browned. Remove from oven and let rest 30 minutes before serving with the hazelnut bread.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 371 cal
- 28.3 g
- 23.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (0)Rate This Recipe
Sir Laurier d'Arthabaska Cheese Baked in a Nut Crust
Just swipe to see more like this.