Pasta with Greens and Sir Laurier2 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Make this delicious main course pasta by cooking leeks and pancetta with broccoli raab and swiss chard, and tossing with gemelli pasta and Sir Laurier cheese. Top with a sprinkle of pine nuts to serve.” - by DuVillage
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Trim the flower ends off the rapini, leaving 5 cm (2 in) of stem. Set aside. Cut the remaining stems into 2.5 cm (1 in) pieces. Set aside.
- Cut the chard into 2.5 cm (1 in) slices. Reserve the leafy part with the rapini flowers and the stems with the rapini stems.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat and add the garlic. When the garlic is browned, remove it and discard.
- Add the leeks and pancetta to the garlic-flavoured oil and cook until the leek is softened and the pancetta is lightly browned. Add the vegetable stems, the stock and the salt and pepper. Cover and cook 4 minutes. Add the chard leaves and rapini flowers and cook, covered, another 2 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, return it to the pot and add the vegetable mixture. Toss gently and add the Sir Laurier cheese at the last minute.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with the pine nuts.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 765 cal
- 32.4 g
- 94 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is the exact same recepie, word for word, that I found in a recipe collection for Alexis Fine Cheese. They used La Sauvagine cheese. It was excellent...." See more"
"Didn't have rabe so I used Kale. Still excellent. Didn't use Cheese because I just forgot. Still excellent. Definitely use the full amount of leaves. I didn't because I was facing a 3 & 5 years o..." See moreld, but I was surprised to see they ate it! Next time I'll do full greens."
Sir Laurier d'Arthabaska Cheese Baked in a Nut Crust
Just swipe to see more like this.