Cheese Blintzes II5 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Delicious and easy recipe for cheese crepes. It sounds fancy and does take time but the process is easy and the taste is delicious. Serve with sour cream.” - by Trish
Original recipe yields 8 blintzes
- Place the milk, whole eggs, salt, and flour into a blender. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes. Meanwhile, make the filling by beating together the cottage cheese, egg yolk, melted butter, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Melt some of the 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in about 2 tablespoons of the batter and tilt the pan to completely coat with the batter. Cook until golden on the bottom, and no longer wet on the top, about 2 minutes per crepe. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of the filling near one edge of a crepe. Fold this side up towards the center, then fold the sides in. Fold the top over the filling, and place seam-side-down onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining crepes and filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and continue baking until lightly golden, about 5 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 392 cal
- 18.1 g
- 32.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This a good recipe but I would suggest some modification. 1) Double Crepe batter and adjust thickness with milk to the consistency of Heavy Cream. Leftovers freeze well for about a month. 2)Place the..." See more Cheese in a fine sieve or cheese cloth lined colander overnight to firm and dry. Drained Ricotta works very well, or, depending on your part of the country, Friendship Farmers Cheese is a classic choice. 3)For an Extra Crispy exterior, saute over medium/high heat in Butter turning until Brown and Crisp. 4)To finish sprinkle with cinnamon sugar OR Top with your favorite Fruit Preserves and Sour cream. I'm partial to Strawberry or Blueberry! Enjoy...JJ"
"I followed recipe, but used ricotta cheese. Batter was just fine. I even used skim milk. Served with strawberry preserves and sour cream, a must. This is a hit with my friends and me...." See more"
"I had two problems with this recipe. The crepe batter was too thick and after struggling to get it to spread in the pan, I added water to make it workable. I had the opposite problem with the fillin..." See moreg. It was very thin and difficult to work with. Even after beating on high speed for 5 minutes, it was still not really smooth, as called for. The thinness of the filling made it hard to get much filling inside the crepes and there was a lot of filling left over. I wonder if the cottage cheese should be drained before adding?"
Simple Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Just swipe to see more like this.