Charline's Sweet Potato Casserole271 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“A great sweet potato casserole recipe -- my children insist on this every holiday! Lots of miniature marshmallows, coconut and pecans make this an extra special and yummy Thanksgiving delight. Use fresh or canned sweet potatoes. Prepare the topping while the casserole is baking.” - by DTHOMRN
Original recipe yields 15 cups
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes. Mix together with sugar, eggs, 3/4 cup margarine, evaporated milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, marshmallows and coconut. Scoop the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix the crushed cornflakes, brown sugar, pecans and remaining 3/4 cup margarine. Spread the topping over the baked casserole.
- Return the casserole to the 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 305 cal
- 18.7 g
- 33.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (271)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is very confusing. First it asked for cubed sweet potatoes, either canned or fresh. Secondly, it tells you to mash the sweet potatoes, so you assume it means to cook them before mixing t..." See morehem with the other ingredients. Thirdly, it tells you to cook the casserole until the potatoes are tender. Needs to be clarified. I cooked the potatoes first, then mashed them. I also had to add some time to the cooking, add at least 20 minutes to the cooking time."
"This dish is wonderful. I made a few changes though. I used fresh sweet potatoes, chopped them into small pieces and boiled them until just tender. Then I left out the coconut completely and instea..." See mored of using all white sugar, I used half brown. After reading other reviews, I also used 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter in the dish and 1 stick in the topping. It was just right, no oozing! "
"Diana, VERY good! Every1 RAVED! I think this calls for way to much melted butter, next time I'll only melt 2 sticks butter for the whole thing. I also used 3/4 cup crushed corn flakes in the potatoe m..." See moreixture for a total of 1 1/2 cups crushed flakes. I used a 29 oz. can cut up sweet potatoes witch mashes to approximatly 2 cups. Next time I'll try only 1/2 cup sugar if not any as I felt this didn't need sugar. GR8 recipe! THANKS!"
Sweet Potato Casserole I
Sweet Potato Casserole III
Just swipe to see more like this.