Scrumptious Chocolate Cake14 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This cake makes men drool and women fight over the last piece! I think it's the peanut butter in the icing!” - by Sandra Weaver
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x13 pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup margarine, oil, 4 tablespoons cocoa and water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring often. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour and sugar. Make a well in the center, and pour in the cocoa mixture. Stir until smooth. Mix in the buttermilk, 2 teaspoons vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and eggs.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before frosting.
- For the Frosting: In a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup margarine, 4 tablespoons cocoa and 5 tablespoons milk. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Remove from heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat until the icing is blended. Pour over warm cake.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 488 cal
- 24.4 g
- 64.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I would definitely fight over the last piece of this cake! The peanut butter frosting is out of this world; especially if you're a peanut butter freak like I am. I baked it in a removable tube pan a..." See morend I guess because of it, I needed to add about another 20 mins. baking time. I also decreased the amount of confectioners sugar in the frosting from four cups to less than three. It was plenty sweet and absolutely fabulous!"
"nice cake- not just the regular boring chocolate cake here. I halved the recipie to make a smaller layered cake with the frosting in between layers. but the frosting recipie did not turn out well fo..." See morer me at all. it was not smooth at all, so i had to add a little more milk and some melted chocolate chips to make a usable consistency. other than that, it was a very nice little cake!"
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cake II
The Best Chocolate Cake You Ever Ate
Just swipe to see more like this.