Lobster Ravioli in Tomato Cream Sauce with Shrimp10 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“Great pasta course. The sauce works great with fish, crab, shrimp, and lobster. The stock is very easy to prepare and makes a HUGE difference in the taste of the finished product. This recipe makes four small servings or two main dish portions.” - by ugamuddy
Original recipe yields 4 appetizer-size portions
- Peel and devein the shrimp, reserving the shells and heads. Chop the shrimp into bite-size pieces.
- To make the shrimp stock, combine the shrimp shells and heads, onion, and celery in a large pot. Squeeze the lemon juice into the pot, then add the lemon halves as well. Add the dried basil, oregano, thyme, peppercorns, 1/2 cup parsley, and 3 cups of water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, skimming away any foam or impurities that have risen to the surface. Strain the shrimp stock and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the shrimp pieces until pink and almost cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add the shallots to the pan; cook and stir until the shallots have softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, lemon zest, salt, and ground pepper. Cook for thirty seconds, then add the white wine. Bring to a boil and cook until the white wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp stock to the pan, bring it to a boil, and simmer until the sauce is reduce by half, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large pot with heavily salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in ravioli, and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the ravioli float to the top and the filling is hot, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well, reserving a little pasta-cooking water to thin the sauce, if necessary.
- Stir the diced tomatoes and cream into the shrimp sauce and heat through. Return the shrimp to the pan, taste the sauce, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold the ravioli into the sauce.
- Place four ravioli onto each of four warmed pasta bowls or plates and top with sauce. Garnish the pasta with chopped parsley and lemon zest.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 606 cal
- 20 g
- 68.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
Filet Mignon with Garlic Shrimp Cream Sauce
Shrimp in Sherry Cream Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.