Bill Wood's Juicy Pigs4 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 4 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 4 hr 35 min
“This Juicy Pig recipe has been passed down in my family for years. The beef and pork BBQ is perfect for big family gatherings, and of course football parties. It is tasty and just like the title states...juicy!” - by Stolidog
Original recipe yields 15 sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven until it shimmers, and sear the beef and pork roasts on all sides until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Pour the water over the meat, cover, and cook in the preheated oven for 2 hours. Uncover the Dutch oven, and remove and discard the bones from the beef roast. With a spoon or spatula, loosen the browned flavor bits from the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Mix together the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour the ketchup mixture over the meat, stir to combine with the browned flavor bits, and cover the Dutch oven.
- Reduce oven heat to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C), and cook for 2 more hours. Shred the meat with 2 forks, pile each bun with about 1/3 cup meat and sauce, and garnish with onion and pickles to taste.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 589 cal
- 34 g
- 33.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Very good recipe! I made it as stated, but there is so much you can do with this base to personalize to your own liking. But the cooking directions, perfect... I wouldn't change a thing! Definately..." See more juicy! Plus the pork/beef combo is excellent!"
Juicy Thanksgiving Turkey
Pressure Cooker Pigs in a Blanket
Just swipe to see more like this.