Gluten-Free Golden Yam Brownies2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This recipe was too good to pass up, but due to allergies and preferences, we did them gluten-free and vegan! They turned out amazing!” - by Ljubomir
Original recipe yields 24 brownies
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Stir the egg replacer and water together in a small bowl until the powder is completely integrated. Stir the rice flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Beat 1 cup margarine, brown sugar, and 1 cup turbinado sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg replacer about 1/2 cup at a time, allowing each addition to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Add the vanilla extract with the last of the egg replacer. Pour the rice flour mixture into the batter, mixing until just incorporated. Fold the shredded yam into the batter, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Stir 3/4 cup turbinado sugar, cornstarch, 2 tablespoons margarine, and almond milk together in a small bowl until smooth. Spread over the brownies while still warm; they will absorb some of the glaze. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 209 cal
- 6.9 g
- 36.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I was really excited to see this recipe since I have problems with gluten/dairy/eggs, too, but I was very disappointed in the result, even though I followed the recipe exactly. The finished brownies ..." See morelook good on the outside and have the right kind top "crust" to them, but the inside was almost like jelly and they oozed oil. I think there isn't enough starch in the recipe, or too much oil or too much yam. I'I don't think I'll try this recipe again given all the changes that will have to be made."
Golden Yam Brownies
Vegan Gluten Free Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.