Fisherman's Pie4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“It's almost like a shepherd's pie but with fish and spinach. Great dish for a cold gloomy day. It's Irish comfort food at its best.” - by miki
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange cod in a single layer in a large baking dish; set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour, and stir until the mixture becomes paste-like and light golden brown, 2 to 5 minutes.
- Gradually whisk warm milk into the flour mixture and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Whisk until the sauce is thick and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in white Cheddar cheese, then mix onion, spinach, salt, and black pepper into the sauce.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in garlic. If sauce is too thick, stir in more warm milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Pour sauce over fish in baking dish.
- Layer mashed potatoes on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then sprinkle with yellow Cheddar cheese. Continue baking until fish is easily flaked with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 406 cal
- 23.2 g
- 21.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"Great recipe. Very tasty. I sliced my potatoes instead of mashing them. Turned out beautifully. I also added some shrimp and scallops too make it a bit special, but it isn't really necessary as th..." See moree pie is so tasty even without the high cost additives. Whole family loved it."
"Lovely recipe. I also put in peas instead of the spinach and added in some cayenne pepper, and it turned out great...." See more"
Irish Shepherd's Pie
Linda's Irish Shepherd's Pie
Just swipe to see more like this.