Benji's Pork Chops with Grapefruit Relish2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“This mouth watering dish combines juicy pork with a sweet delectable grapefruit relish.” - by Bgreen411
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Whisk together the water, orange juice, 1/2 cup salt, light brown sugar, garlic powder, oregano, and thyme in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Submerge the pork chops in the brine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and brine in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Heat grapefruit juice, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and red pepper flakes in a saucepan. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil; reduce heat and cook until syrupy, about 15 minutes. Remove 3 tablespoons of the mixture and set aside. Add half of the grapefruit sections to the syrup mixture and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Remove the pork chops from the brine and pat dry. Place the pork chops on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Brush each side of the chops with the reserved grapefruit juice syrup. Season with salt and pepper. Broil for 7 to 10 minutes on each side and the pork is no longer pink in the center. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Place the remaining fresh grapefruit sections on the pork and drizzle relish over the top.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 478 cal
- 6.3 g
- 79.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"The relish is great, but the chops were dry. I had grapefruit juice and oranges, so I used grapefruit juice instead of OJ for the brine, and orange sections instead of grapefruit for the relish...." See more"
"Oddly, my review is the exact opposite of the previous reviewers: the pork was good and the relish was awful. It may have something to do with the fact that the previous reviewer reversed the use of ..." See moreorange and grapefruit. I also halved the salt. I think this would probably be excellent if the grapefruit was omitted altogether and oranges used in their place."
Momma Pritchett's Grilled Pork Chops and Apple-Pear Topping
Melt In Your Mouth Pork Chops
Just swipe to see more like this.