Smashed Potatoes31 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 min
“These are little potato morsels, twice-cooked and infused with flavor. My family asks for them often!” - by amanda81
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, fill with water to cover the potatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook the potatoes until tender but not mushy, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow potatoes to cool.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine olive oil, butter, balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary, sage, thyme, savory, sea salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir with a fork to combine well.
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, and lightly press down on the potatoes to partially crush them. Spoon the oil-herb mixture over each potato.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges of the potatoes are beginning to crisp, about 25 minutes. Cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 274 cal
- 14.8 g
- 33.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (31)Rate This Recipe
"I am so sorry but I just didn't care for these potatoes. I was so looking forward to trying them but when I was eating them I kept picking out pieces of rosemary from my mouth. I must say that I fo..." See morellowed the recipe exactly. I did not change anything. If I made them again, I might whizz the herbs in my mini processor and add maybe a little cayenne or cajun/creole seasoning. Thanks so much for posting your recipe."
"Excellent, with accurate cooking times and temps. Since I was serving this with another side dish that already had herbs I omitted them here, just brushing the smashed potatoes with olive oil and spr..." See moreinkling them with sea salt and pepper before baking. I used Baby Yukon Golds, trying to keep them all uniform in size. They're cute little guys, look great on the plate and, if left in the oven long enough, are crispy, beautifully browned and delicious."
Kristen's Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Caramelized Onion and Horseradish Smashed Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.