Miami Burgers1 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“These are like a burger play on the amazing Cuban sandwiches you get in South Florida! Juicy, messy, and fantastic! My husband doesn't even like cheeseburgers and he loved these!” - by Ellen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Divide the beef into 4 equal portions, and shape each portion into a 3/4-inch thick burger, making a deep depression in the center of each patty. Season both sides of the patty with salt and pepper.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange burgers in the skillet, and cook until the burgers reach the desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for well done. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Place burgers on a plate and set aside.
- Preheat a sandwich press.
- Peel and mash garlic cloves in a bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, and season with salt and pepper. Spread the garlic mayonnaise and Dijon mustard on the top and bottom of each hamburger bun. Layer a slice of Swiss cheese followed by a slice of ham and another slice of Swiss cheese on the bottom of the bun. Top with slices of dill pickle, then the burger patty and the top half of the bun.
- Arrange each sandwich on the preheated sandwich press. Cook until the bun is golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 800 cal
- 56.4 g
- 30.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"These didn't exactly satisfy my craving for a Cuban sandwich but they came close. They were very tasty, though, and I will definitely be making them again. Thanks for the recipe...." See more"
Just swipe to see more like this.