Cheddar-Bacon-Asparagus Strata8 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 9 hr 45 min
“I made this for my family last Easter and it was devoured. It is easy to assemble and tastes great. A real family pleaser.” - by MAU-COLUMBUS
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Cook the bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover and bring the water to a boil. Add the asparagus, cover, and steam until bright green but still crunchy, about 5 minutes. Remove asparagus and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt, and pepper until smooth and well combined.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Layer the bread slices into the bottom of the dish, cutting and fitting extra slices as needed to fill spaces. Sprinkle 1 cup of Cheddar cheese over the bread, followed by the diced onion. Arrange asparagus spears and red bell pepper in a layer over the onion. Sprinkle crumbled bacon over the red bell pepper; top with another layer of bread slices, cutting and filling in spaces as before. Pour the egg-milk mixture evenly over the casserole, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake the casserole for 50 minutes; sprinkle 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole, return to the oven, and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling and a knife inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean, 10 to 15 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 483 cal
- 25.3 g
- 35.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"The three major food groups ~ bacon, asparagus, cheese ~ all baked together resulting in one delicious brunch recipe. Instead of steaming the asparagus, I simply cut into bite-sized pieces and sautee..." See mored it along with the onion and bell pepper, then mixed the cooled veg with the eggs and bread instead of layering. Baked covered for the first 30 min, then removed the foil for the remaining time. Perfect."
"Really easy and good! I added more spices such as hot pepper flakes and parsley...." See more"
Easy Sausage Strata
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Strata
Just swipe to see more like this.