Sweet Potato Passover Souffle2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“An easy and delicious side dish for Passover or any time of year!” - by BabkaGal
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the sweet potatoes into a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Gently boil over medium-low heat until tender, 15 to 25 minutes. Drain the sweet potatoes, peel, and mash in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat the sweet potatoes until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in 1/3 cup of margarine, 1/2 cup brown sugar, orange juice, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and egg. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Beat in 1/3 cup of margarine, 1/2 cup brown sugar, orange juice, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and egg. Spread the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed matzo, 1/2 cup margarine, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1 pinch cinnamon. Spread the topping evenly over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is golden and bubbling, about 30 minutes. If the topping needs more browning, switch the oven to broil and brown under the broiler darker, about 3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 439 cal
- 19.5 g
- 63.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
Gourmet Sweet Potato Souffle
Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes with Pecans
Just swipe to see more like this.