Oyster and Cornbread Dressing52 Reviews
- Prep: 45 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Each year I am asked to make this wonderful dressing. The recipe has been in my family for years. Chopped oysters and chicken broth make it very moist and flavorful. For an even more moist dressing, use more chicken broth.” - by DUNCANS FAVORITES
Original recipe yields 6 cups
- Prepare the corn bread according to package directions. Allow bread to cool, then crumble into a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Mix in the onions and parsley. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until onions are soft. Transfer to the bowl with bread crumbs.
- Chop the oysters. Mix oysters, eggs, pepper, poultry seasoning, sage, chicken broth and reserved oyster liquid into the corn bread mixture. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 215 cal
- 8.4 g
- 27.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (52)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for my husband for Thanksgiving dinner and he loved it. We have been together 18 years and he said that it is the best cornbread dressing that he has ever eaten!..." See more"
"I forgot to mention the chopped oysters and my husband ate thirds. The second time, I fried a bit of bacon, crumbled it into the cornbread, then sauteed instead of pure celery and onion, a mix of min..." See moreced red onion, celery, red bell pepper, carrot, garlic, and scallions in the bacon fat. Added a pinch of nutmeg to the mix. Gosh, a new family tradition."
Cornbread Dressing I
Quickest Oyster Dressing EVER!
Just swipe to see more like this.