Rainbow Clown Cake217 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“I went a little overboard creating a fun confetti-ish cake for a student teacher and deemed the result 'Clown Vomit Cake.' Despite its nickname, it's a popular request now with my colleagues! Frost with your favorite frosting and top with colored sugar.” - by lovestohost
Original recipe yields 1 8-inch layer cake
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until frothy, about 1 minute. Add the cake mix, water, and canola oil; continue beating for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Divide the cake batter into six separate bowls. Use a toothpick to scoop a dab of food coloring into one bowl of batter and stir; add more food coloring, if necessary, to reach the desired shade. Repeat with the remaining colors and bowls of batter.
- Scoop spoonfuls of batter into the prepared pans, alternating the colors. Use a toothpick to gently swirl the colors for a marbled effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes clean, about 30-35 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 309 cal
- 10.5 g
- 49.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (217)Rate This Recipe
"Made into cupcakes. I also did not swirl the colors at all. I wanted a very straight, uniform "rainbow" type effect. This was VERY NEAT looking. I also used the regualr liquid food coloring, not the g..." See moreel type. If you only have the liquid type coloring, here is the ratio of drops to make each color. PURPLE is 9 R and 6 B. BLUE is 12 drops. GREEN is 12 drops. YELLOW is 12 drops. ORANGE is 12 Y and 4 R. RED is 18 drops. The red will look a bit pink but will turn out bright red when baked."
"I'm the recipe submitter (and I, obviously, love this cake!). If you have a favorite from scratch cake recipe, that works well, too! I no longer use the toothpick test; I prefer to gently press the ..." See moretop of the cupcake...if it *bounces* back-it's done (helps to prevent overbaking). These rock as cupcakes, too! These (in cake or cupcake form) are so simple to make, yet I've never taken them anywhere where they weren't "ooed" and "awed" over. Your friends and family will think you are a baking rock star when you show up w/these!"
White Almond Wedding Cake
Fast and Easy Low-Guilt Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.