Carrots Au Gratin102 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Beth Ann, this may not be exactly the recipe you are looking for but it is very similar and it is delicious. Enjoy!” - by GRAMMYROSE
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place carrots in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 6-10 minutes. Drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine crushed crackers with 1 tablespoon melted margarine. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over low heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of margarine and saute onions until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, stirring to prevent browning. Gradually pour in milk, stirring constantly. Increase heat to medium and cook until bubbly and thickened. Add cheese and stir until smooth. Fold in carrots.
- Pour mixture into a 9x12 inch baking dish and sprinkle with the crumb mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 176 cal
- 10.2 g
- 16 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (102)Rate This Recipe
"This is soooooo yummy! I cut the recipe in half since it is just me, my husband and my toddler, big mistake! We gobbled it all up and wanted more! Next time I will definately make the full 8 servings...." See more Also, I will add a little crushed garlic. Any time you see a 2.5 year old scarfing down cooked carrots, you know it's a good recipe!"
"I made this recipe with a frozen vegetable mix (broccoli, cauliflower & carrots) & I also used shredded cheddar rather than velveeta. It was quick & delicious & I think the vegetable variety added nic..." See moree flavors. Thanks, I will make this dish again & again!"
"These are absolutely fabulous. Even if you're not a big fan of carrots you will go back for more of this dish. I scaled it down to 4 people and used a 1 pound bag of baby carrots. I did cut them in..." See more half before steaming them. I served the dish with a honey ham and it did compliment it very well although I think it would go great with any main course. My 4-year-old ate all that was given to her. I highly recommend this dish."
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
Easy Au Gratin Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.