Brown Sugar and Pineapple Glazed Ham7 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 50 min
“This easy but delicious ham glaze has been a family holiday favorite for years!” - by Navy Wife
Original recipe yields 1 6-pound glazed ham
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place the ham, cut side down, into a roasting pan.
- Cut the skin off the pineapple with a sharp knife and cut out any brown spots of skin left behind. Slice the pineapple into 1/2-inch slices and cut the cores out of the slices. Pin the slices onto the ham with toothpicks.
- Bake ham in the preheated oven until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham reads 140 degrees F (60 degrees C), 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- While the ham is baking, mix the pineapple juice and brown sugar in a microwave-safe ceramic or glass bowl and microwave on medium power until the glaze is boiling and slightly thickened. Work carefully because the glaze will be sticky and very hot.
- Pour about half the glaze evenly over the ham and pineapple about 1 hour before the end of baking; pour the rest over the ham about 30 minutes before the end of baking.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 396 cal
- 25.7 g
- 16.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This is how I usually make a ham and everyone loves it. My boyfriend will ask for me to make my ham and pineapples atleast once a month. I usually use a boneless ham as I get grossed out by bones in a..." See moreny kind of meat. I also will use canned pineapple in pineapple juice if we don't have fresh pineapple. The only other thing I do differently is I put the brown sugar on the ham first then cook it then make more glaze and add it about an hour before done then again about 30 mins. later. I kind of tripple glaze the ham!! Great recipe!!"
"This is my all time favorite. When the ham is done I use the juices and ham drippings with a bit of yellow mustard, flour and water to make "Ham Gravy" to pour over the meat and mash potatoes...." See more"
"I made this for Easter for a large group. It was absolutely delicious and people could not stop talking about how it was the best ham they have ever had (many guests actually admitted not normally lik..." See moreing ham!) It was so moist and tender with great flavor and the real pineapple slices were a delightful treat. Thanks so much to the reviewer who suggested the ham glaze. It was amazing! And it is great as a condiment on a sandwich with the leftovers. I just used the drippings and whisked in yellow mustard and flour. Yum!"
Apricot Brown Sugar Ham
Sweet Pineapple Glazed Ham
Just swipe to see more like this.