Holiday Honey Ham Glaze6 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 1 hr 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 45 min
“I created this glaze this past Thanksgiving holiday to cover a ham. My usual recipe called for brown sugar which I neglected to buy when doing my holiday grocery shopping. In my compromise, I created a glaze so amazing it would be a crime not to share it with the world.” - by Notnewtothis
Original recipe yields 15 servings
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on low power until the butter is very soft and slightly melted. Pour in the corn syrup, honey, and molasses, and mix to a smooth, light brown mixture.
- Score the ham in a diamond pattern about 1/4 inch deep with a sharp knife. With a pastry brush, coat the ham generously with the glaze. Place the ham into a roasting pan, and cover with aluminum foil, taking care not to touch the ham with the foil.
- Bake the ham for 1 hour and 10 minutes (10 minutes per pound), removing the foil tent every 20 minutes to recoat the ham with glaze.
- Remove the foil tent, and turn on the oven's broiler. Broil the ham until the glaze is slightly darkened, about 10 minutes. Remove ham from oven, let stand about 10 minutes, then carve and serve.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 515 cal
- 31.2 g
- 21.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"This is by far THE easiest glaze I have ever made. There's no cooking on the stove, no measuring of a ton of spices. It's super quick and easy and yet it still tastes great. I don't often try recipes ..." See morethat haven't gone through the allrecipes gauntlet and gotten reviews with things that need to be altered, but I wanted something different for my ham. I was tired of the same old, same old pineapple or maple recipes. So I gave this one a try and was glad I did. This one will be a keeper for me, and I'll be passng it along to my daughters who need uncomplicated and quick recipes."
"The only thing I did diffrent was added a 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves it was wonderful!..." See more"
Honey Glazed Ham
Apricot Glazed Ham
Just swipe to see more like this.