Easter Leg of Lamb12 Reviews
- Prep: 35 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 day 1 hr 35 min
“We eat this every year for Easter. It is a family favorite. I normally cook half of a leg. If you cook a whole leg of lamb, double the recipe. You need to start this recipe at least 24 hours before cooking. It needs to marinade at least overnight.” - by Ginna Rodriguez
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix yogurt, 4 sprigs of rosemary, 1/2 bunch of parsley, smashed garlic, and zest of 1 1/2 lemons in a large bowl. Place the leg of lamb in the yogurt mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
- The next day, preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spread onions on the bottom of a roasting pan. Remove lamb from the marinade, rinse and pat dry. Set aside.
- Place olive oil, salt, pepper, 4 sprigs of rosemary, 1/2 bunch of parsley, 1/2 head of garlic, and zest of 1 1/2 lemons in a food processor. Process until the mixture becomes a smooth paste. Rub leg of lamb with the paste, and place on top of the onions in the roasting pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Continue baking until desired doneness, 40 to 50 minutes for medium. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 707 cal
- 49.4 g
- 21.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was so easy and moist. My whole family loved it. The only thing I changed was that I added the juice of the zested lemons. It's in my recipe box now. TASTEE!..." See more"
"Just watch the salt, my leg of Lamb was 2 1/2lbs so I reduced the amount of salt and pepper. Other than that this was a really good recipe...yum..." See more"
Leg o' Lamb with Lemon and Rosemary
Bacon-Wrapped Leg of Lamb with Red Wine Reduction
Just swipe to see more like this.