Honey Mustard Chicken with Pretzel Crust91 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 45 min
“A crunchy and salty crust to dress up chicken!” - by Kathleen
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, the spicy mustard, coarse-grained mustard, 1 tablespoon of honey, and the vegetable oil.
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Coat the chicken well with the mustard mixture.
- Place the pretzels into a resealable plastic zipper bag and roll the bag under a rolling pin to finely grind the pretzels. Place the coated chicken breasts, one at a time, into the bag, seal, and shake the bag to thoroughly coat each chicken breast with pretzel meal. Place the chicken breasts on the prepared baking sheet and spray each breast with cooking spray.
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven until the coating is golden brown and the meat is no longer pink in the center, about 25 minutes. Flip the chicken after about 12 minutes of cooking to brown both sides.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of yellow mustard, 3 tablespoons of honey, and salt in a bowl. Drizzle the honey-mustard sauce over the chicken to serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 759 cal
- 31.8 g
- 86.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (91)Rate This Recipe
"This is my recipe...and I usually use light mayo for the sauce. The recipe makes more sauce than you will need...so I think the calorie and fat content may be off. The mustard blend in the beginning i..." See mores just to help the pretzels stick, so you don't need to drench the chicken, just lightly coat both sides. Enjoy :)"
"I didn't love this. Despite following the recipe exactly and baking in a convection oven, the crust was not crunchy. You will need to double the marinade--there is not nearly enough for 4 chicken brea..." See morest halves. I also think you could cut the mayo to 1 or 2 tablespoons for the dipping sauce."
Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken
Easy Honey Mustard Mozzarella Chicken
Just swipe to see more like this.