Margarita Tube Cake3 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“A zesty margarita Bundt® cake, perfect for parties or to add zip to any day. My friends kept coming back for more! ” - by damedonna
Original recipe yields 1 tube cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9-cup fluted tube pan with cooking spray that contains flour, and brush the spray into the grooves of the pan with a pastry brush. Spray 1 more light coating of cooking spray, and invert the pan to let any excess spray drip out.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the orange cake mix, lemon pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, margarita mix, lime juice, tequila, and triple sec until thoroughly combined. Fold in the grated zest of 1 lime, and pour the batter into the prepared fluted tube pan. Use a spatula to fill grooves of the pan with batter, and tap the filled cake pan to remove air pockets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, shake it a couple of times to help the sides release, and slide a thin silicone or nylon spatula between the cake and the pan. Place a serving plate over the top of the cake pan and invert the pan to slide the cake onto the serving plate. Allow the cake to finish cooling.
- Make a thin glaze by mixing together confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon of tequila, 2 tablespoons of triple sec, juice of 2 limes, and grated zest of 1 lime. Drizzle the glaze decoratively over the cake, let the glaze set for a few minutes to harden, and slice.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 440 cal
- 12.8 g
- 73.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"I made this cake for a bake sale and it was a HUGE hit! The only changes I made were out of necessity: I couldn't find orange cake mix so I substituted lemon, and orangecello for the triple sec becaus..." See moree that's what I had on hand. It came out of the oven tender, moist, and golden. Oh, and I also "dusted" my bundt pan with granulated sugar, so my cake even had a pretty "salt rim!!" The glaze as written is very tart (and alcoholic!), but I like sour things and when paired with the cake it tasted fine. I would recommend tasting the glaze before you put it on the cake and adjust with added water and/or sugar to your tastes."
"Oh my!!! This cake was the perfect ending to out Mexican dinner. Absolutely awesome!!! Everyone loved it. It will definitely be on my bake again list!..." See more"
"Did not have triple sec so I used grand marnier instead. Otherwise made as stated. It was good - maybe not the best ever, but very good. Really, really moist. Smelled wonderful. I didn't care for the ..." See moreglaze, so if I make again I will tweak that a little. All around good recipe. Thanks for sharing."
Strawberry Margarita Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.