Chicken Salad Puffs II1 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Cream puff pastry filled with awesome chicken salad. You could do half with chicken salad and half with whipped cream for a little lunch/dessert. These are great for bridal/baby showers.” - by Mrs.Williams
Original recipe yields 8 puffs
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the water and butter with 1/8 teaspoon salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium, and pour in the flour all at once. Stir vigorously until the mixture forms a semi-translucent ball. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs into the dough, one at a time, adding the next egg only after the first has been completely incorporated. Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet by the heaping tablespoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffed and golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. The puffs should be hollow on the inside, and just browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven, and cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- To prepare the filling, stir together the onion, celery, raisins, mustard, mayonnaise, yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and dill in a bowl until combined. Fold in the chopped chicken meat until evenly combined. Cut the tops from the puffs, and spoon the chicken filling inside. Replace the tops before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 338 cal
- 24.2 g
- 14.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Really good. I used dried cranberries (doubled amount) just due to personal preference. The yogurt gave the chicken salad a surprising tangy element. I enjoyed it and my husband thanked me for making ..." See morethis recipe. So thank you, Mrs. Williams. I will make this again."
Kale, Swiss Chard, Chicken, and Feta Salad
Marlene's Chicken Waldorf Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.