Rum Raisin Brownies3 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“These brownies are more on the cakey side, but very moist regardless. The rum does an amazing job bringing out the flavor of raisins. Serve with a scoop of rum-raisin ice cream!” - by Justine
Original recipe yields 16 brownies
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the raisins and rum in a small bowl; set aside to soak.
- Heat the whipping cream in a small pot over medium-low heat until hot, but do not allow to boil. Remove from heat and stir the chocolate chips into the hot cream until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- Sift the flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and cinnamon together into a bowl. Beat the eggs into the flour mixture individually; mix gently. Stir the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture until incorporated. Fold the raisins, any remaining rum, and the pecans into the batter; spread into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges have started to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 189 cal
- 11.4 g
- 20 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Oh My Gosh!!! This recipe is wonderful! My husband loves rum cake and brownies so this is the best of both worlds. I did make a couple changes NOT by choice by accident - I put too much rum in the ..." See moreraisins so I added about 1/4 more flour and it was marvelous."
"Wow! what a wonderful combination. I have a husband who loves rum so this is heaven - even with vanilla icecream. Could cut flour back by a tbsp. for a less cakey texture...." See more"
Rum Raisin Bread Pudding with Warm Vanilla Sauce
Rum Raisin Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.