Meatloaf Roll3 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 2 hr 15 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 45 min
“A wonderfully tasty recipe with an Italian slant. This meatloaf is even better a day or two after it's cooked. Great for sandwiches, too. Serve with mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, and gravy!” - by tarata
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- To make tomato sauce, heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir the onion, green pepper, and celery in the hot oil until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Pour the undrained whole tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, sugar, oregano, 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and water into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the tomato mixture into the saucepan and simmer over low heat for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/4 cup parsley. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, Creole seasoning, cayenne pepper, and salt until the mixture is thoroughly combined; spread into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Scatter the mozzarella cheese over the meat; spread 1/4 cup of the sauce over the cheese. Sprinkle the sauce with 1/4 cup chopped parsley and 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning. Pick up one end of the meat layer (short side), and gently roll the meat around the filling. Reposition the meat roll in the center of the dish, and pour the remaining tomato sauce over the roll.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the roll is no longer pink in the center, 45 minutes to 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 291 cal
- 16.9 g
- 13.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Was going to make meatloaf tonight, so I decieded to give it a shot. Did not make the sauce, as I was short on time. Used favorite canned sauce. Was worried I wouldn't be able to find Creole season..." See moreing in my Yankee grocery store but low and behold- there it was. This gives it a very interesting flavor. Fun to make, and pretty easy. My husband and I both liked it. TIP- be sure to mix dry ingredients before you try to mix them into the meat."
"The only reason I am not giving this a 5 star rating is because of the time/effort to put the meal together. It tasted great, but it was just way to time consuming for me. I might try it again, but ..." See morenext time I will omit the homemade sauce and use a basil marinara from a jar instead ;-)"
"Tastes great and a very firm loaf so its filling but the amount of work involved was time consuming. This also meant for a lot more dishes to wash :( Hubby really liked it for sandwiches though sinc..." See moree it holds its shape better than most meatloaves. I couldn't find creole seasoning in the grocery store so I used the adobe seasoning I made up, also found on this site. Don't be put off with the amount of sauce it makes because once in the oven it will thicken."
Zucchini Ranch Meatloaf
Easy Garden Meatloaf
Just swipe to see more like this.