Easy Chicken Cutlets with Apples28 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 min
“Quick, easy, and kids love it. :) Good with rice or pasta.” - by DEUXMAC
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoon salt, or as needed, on both sides. Place onto a rack, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator, and cut in half lengthwise on a slight diagonal to make 4 equal-size pieces. Place the chicken pieces between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to make 4 cutlets about 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of salt, black pepper, and sugar in a shallow bowl. Place each cutlet into the flour mixture to coat; shake off excess flour. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat until foam disappears, and gently lay the coated cutlets into the butter. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the chicken, and set aside on an oven-proof plate in the preheated oven to stay warm.
- Pour the sherry into the skillet and bring to a boil, scraping and dissolving all the brown flavor bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook until the sherry is reduced to half its volume, about 5 minutes, and stir in the chicken broth; add the apple slices to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples are soft and the sherry mixture is reduced by half. Stir in the brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of butter, and the Marsala wine until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce is thick.
- Return the chicken cutlets to the sauce, together with any juice from the plate, and turn to cover cutlets with sauce. Simmer about 2 minutes per side, and serve 2 cutlets per serving, topped with apple slices and sauce.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 586 cal
- 27.8 g
- 61.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (28)Rate This Recipe
"This was really good and I would definitely make it again!! However, I didn’t see the point in salting the chicken and putting it on a rack and refrigerating it for 30 minutes. Am I missing somethin..." See moreg? I seasoned my chicken and lightly pounded it, but not to 1/4” thick – mine were closer to 1/2”. I made the sauce as the recipe indicated with the exception of cutting the brown sugar to about 2-3 T. I thickened the sauce with a little cornstarch, just enough to give it some body and nice “cling.” And darn, even though the Marsala wine was sitting right in front of my face, I forgot to put it in. I’ll remember it next time! Made as written I think it would have been excessively salty and way, way too sweet. But with my minor changes, this is a five star!"
"I actually really liked this recipe, as did my 2 year old girls. It gets 4 stars because my husband didn't like it. But I think anyone that likes sweet dishes would like it. I substituded 1/8 cup c..." See moreider vinegar and 1/8 cup water for the sherry and added a bit of additional sugar. Delicious!!"
"What an awesome recipe! I never write reviews, actually this is my first. I made this dinner last night for my family and what a hit. Pleasing teenagers can be very difficult and they went back for..." See more seconds. I doubled the recipe and it worked perfect for my family of 4. It was really easy to make. It will continue to be made in my household for years to come. Thank You!!!"
Easy Chicken Posole
Delicious Easy Chicken Francese
Just swipe to see more like this.