Turkey and Stuffing1 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 3 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 4 hr
“Turkey and stuffing like Grandma used to make. Sage adds a special pungent flavor to this simple recipe. Adjust the ingredients and cooking time as appropriate for different sized turkeys.” - by VICKI C
Original recipe yields 18 servings
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions, and set aside in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and stir in the onion, celery and sage. Boil 10 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Stir into the prepared stuffing.
- Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Loosely fill the body and neck cavities with the stuffing mixture.
- Place turkey in a large roasting pan and cook 3 to 3 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature of the thigh meat is 180 degrees F (80 degrees C) and the stuffing is at least 165 degrees F (75 degrees C).
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 533 cal
- 21.9 g
- 15.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"Great stuffing! However, you do not need all of the water the recipe calls for. I used some chicken stock. Very good!..." See more"
Greek Traditional Turkey with Chestnut and Pine Nut Stuffing
Turkey With Apricot-Water Chestnut Stuffing
Just swipe to see more like this.