Lemon Thyme Swordfish with Asparagus4 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“The creamy lemon and thyme sauce accents the flavor of the swordfish. If desired, garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of thyme.” - by dakota kelly
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In a blender or food processor, process the cottage cheese until creamy. Transfer the cottage cheese to a small bowl, and stir in the milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the lemon juice, parsley, basil, and 1/2 teaspoon of the dried thyme. Cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the fish in an 8x8 inch baking dish. Pour the water and the remaining lemon juice into the dish. Place the bay leaf in the water, and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme over the fish. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and is opaque all the way through.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- When fish is done, transfer to a serving platter and arrange the asparagus next to the fish. Serve with the cottage cheese sauce.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 191 cal
- 5.2 g
- 7.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"As I was making this I was preparing myself not to like it as it seemed odd but I was pleasantly surprised!! The tastes really do work well together. I didnt like though that I could faintly taste the..." See more cottage cheese. I think I would prefer this with sour cream instead and that is what I will try next time. I also wanted to make it on the grill so I just marinated the fish for 1/2 hour in the lemon juice, bay leaf and I added garlic. I also think the sauce would taste better with fresh herbs. BUT all in all, a good starting point!!!!"
"I love this recipe! It's very simple and elegant. My kids devoured every bit of it. Definately worth doubling, because everyone will want seconds...." See more"
Grilled Asparagus with Cilantro Lemon Butter
Asparagus Salad with Lemon and Feta
Just swipe to see more like this.