Baja Stuffed Potatoes64 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 10 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“My brother, Paul, invented these double stuffed potatoes for a barbecue we had in Mexico. Mild green chiles, Mexi-corn, sour cream, and Pepper Jack cheese, baked until puffy and golden brown.” - by GYPSYCRICKET
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pierce each potato several times and rub generously with oil. Bake until softened, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine sour cream, cheese, corn and chiles.
- When the potatoes are cooked, cut a slit in the top of each one and squeeze or scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell. Combine the potato flesh with the cheese mixture; mix well. Spoon the potato mixture back into the shells, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 625 cal
- 24.3 g
- 89.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (64)Rate This Recipe
"To bad this scale only goes to 5 it would rate a 15!!! Yummy!!!!!! This is a must try. We have had this once and we all fell in love. The 2nd time I made it to a cassarole. Mashed everything together ..." See moreand baked it till melted and golden...... so good. Saved time from scooping the potatoes. Awesome! thaks for the recipe!"
"This is my second time making these potatoes. As written, this recipe gets three stars from me, as it is a little bland. These are the changes I made. After baking my potatoes and scooping out the ..." See morepulp, I mashed the pulp, then added 4 TB. butter and the amount of sour cream called for. I added salt and pepper to my taste which really helped the flavor. I then added two cans of the drained corn and one can of the chilies. I did divide the filling and used cheddar in half of the filling for my kids and pepper jack for my husband and me in the other half. Then, I baked as directed, pulled them out, topped with more cheese, baked 5 more minutes and served. YUM!! I will keep on making this recipe with the changes stated. Oh, I did have some filling leftover and may only use one can of the corn next time."
Delicious Stuffed Potato Pancakes
Just swipe to see more like this.