Mainely Fish34 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 50 min
“This is an easy, quick recipe that makes a beautiful presentation. Great served with rice and steamed asparagus.” - by STORMYSCARLETT
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Center each piece of fish on an individual piece of aluminum foil (large enough to enclose the fish when folded). Sprinkle each piece of fish with salt and pepper. Divide the sliced tomatoes, onion, and red and yellow peppers between the 6 pieces of fish, and place on top of the fillets. Sprinkle evenly with the capers and parsley. Drizzle each fillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Fold and seal the foil into a packet and place on a baking sheet. Leave 2 inches between each packet for even cooking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and unwrap. One packet per person.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 226 cal
- 14.4 g
- 7.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"I added a thick layer of spinach under the haddock,lightly drizzled it first with basil oil, then placed the haddock with the vegetables and drizzled all with basil oil and lemon juice. I increased t..." See morehe portions according to whom it was being served. I submitted this recipe originally and have updated it with the addition of the spinach. You can still use olive oil, but the basil or any flavored oil, and the addition of the spinach gives it a bit more interest and flavor. This is a no mess to clean up dinner. Enjoy!"
"Very colorful and beautiful presentation. I'm not very good at cooking fish, but this time I was able to turn out a fish dish that was very flavorful and delicious. I did make a few small changes. I..." See more used a bigger piece of fish than the recipe calls for, went just a little heavier on the spices,added garlic salt, and drizzled a little bit of butter on my haddock. And, while the recipe does not specify what kind of onion to use, I used a red onion with excellent results. Also, I did not use capers, but instead added artichoke hearts and fresh garlic in addition to the recommended ingredients. Lastly, I took the suggestion found in another review to place the fish on a good-sized bed of fresh spinach drizzled in olive oil before cooking, and I would also recommend this to anyone trying this recipe. Looking forward to making this again!"
Grilled Fish Steaks
Easy Bake Fish
Just swipe to see more like this.