Aloha Chicken Burgers25 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“This tasty sandwich is like a luau on a bun!” - by Chris McDaniel
Original recipe yields 2 sandwiches
- Place chicken breasts into a plastic zipper bag with soy sauce, seal the bag, and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. While chicken is marinating, place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate, and set aside. Spread cut sides of hamburger buns with butter.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chicken from the soy sauce, and discard the excess soy sauce. Place the chicken breasts onto the preheated grill, and grill until chicken shows good grill marks, is no longer pink inside, and the juices run clear, 4 to 5 minutes per side. When chicken is almost done, brush each piece generously on both sides with teriyaki sauce to finish grilling. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on each chicken breast, and cover with a lid to help the cheese melt onto the chicken.
- While chicken is grilling, spread the buns open on the grill and cook until toasted and showing grill lines, about 2 minutes. Set the buns aside.
- To assemble, spread the grilled sides of each bun with mayonnaise, and top each bottom bun with a cooked chicken breast, 1 1/2 slices of bacon, a slice of pineapple, a slice from a head of lettuce, a slice of tomato, and the top bun.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 668 cal
- 35.4 g
- 40.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (25)Rate This Recipe
"I used ground turkey patties because my family doesn't like to eat chicken breasts in a sandwich. Very tasty and everyone agreed they would eat them again. Grill the pineapple too and if you want an e..." See morextra treat put the pineapple in a bowl with its juice and brown sugar before placing it on the grill, then put it on the sandwich."
"This was good but I think it needed brown sugar added to the soy sauce. The soy was a little over powering. My daughter said it needed a little sweetness. I will try this the next time I make this rec..." See moreipe. Thank you for sharing."
"My husband and I really loved this recipe. I did cook the chicken in a crock pot on high for almost 4 hours soaking in the soy sauce & I did add brown sugar to it as well. I did grill the chicken and ..." See moreI did grill the bacon and put it together just as the recipe stated. It all came out very tasty and will be making this many times again!"
Summer Chicken Burgers
Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Burgers
Just swipe to see more like this.