Chicken Parmesan Casserole34 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 55 min
“Perfect for potluck meals, family gatherings, or in a smaller batch, for a winter comfort food meal for the family. Just my take on traditional Chicken Parmesan. I came up with this for my wife's corporate potluck lunch. She wanted Chicken Parmesan, but it was too difficult to feed 20 people the conventional way. Figured a casserole would work just as well. It did!” - by RCHEISS
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the rotini, and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the flour, egg, and bread crumbs in 3 separate bowls. Mix the garlic powder into the bread crumbs. Working in batches, coat the chicken breast in the flour, then dip them in the egg, and finally coat with the bread crumbs. Carefully fry the coated chicken in the hot oil in small batches until golden brown and no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain the fried chicken over paper towels.
- Combine cooked pasta, fried chicken, 1/2 package of mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Stir in the marinara sauce. Pour the red wine into the empty marinara sauce jar; cover and shake the jar, and empty the contents into the bowl of pasta. Stir to combine. Spread pasta mixture in a large casserole dish, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 package of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven, and continue baking until the cheese has melted, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 1122 cal
- 65.5 g
- 92.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"with a few little tweeks you can lighten this dish up, such as bake your tenders not deep fry saving lots of calories, but as is this was very tasty...." See more"
"I didn't want to deep fry the chicken so I browned the chicken in a skillet (no Flour). This turned out great!..." See more"
"ok first things first I made AS IS. I was nervous about the wine but it made for an incredible sauce. All of our kids came back for seconds. Why 4 stars. I think I would have liked it better if I had ..." See morejust put the cheese on top and ONLY baked for thirty mins. It was a little mushy for my taste. I love a recipe that the kids love though will make again, IT MAKES alot!!!! Do not be afraid of the wine lol it was good Update made as written just cooked in oven 30 mins ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! It is now on a weekly rotation. In a time crunch bought frozen tenders cooked and cut up then added to cooked pasta and sauce SO GOOD!!!!!!"
The Best Parmesan Chicken Bake
Just swipe to see more like this.