Yankee Doodle Dandy Treats™5 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“These crispy white chocolate sandwiches are the perfect pre-fireworks snack for the whole family.” - by Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
Original recipe yields 18 servings
- In large saucepan melt butter over low hear. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Crosswise cut in half, forming two 9 x 6 1/2-inch rectangles.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan melt white chocolate morsels over low heat, stirring frequently. Stir in oil. Add powdered sugar, stirring until combined. Add water. Stir until smooth.
- Spread chocolate mixture over one cereal rectangle. Top with second rectangle. Sprinkle with red-, white- and blue sprinkles, pressing lightly into cereal mixture. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. Cut into 3 1/4- x 1-inch strips. Best if served the same day.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 213 cal
- 8.1 g
- 34.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"Well They Are certainly Treats! You Could try using dark or brown chocolate! The flag colored sprinkles are for a french Flag! So they work good with any Country-celebration thing! You could also make..." See more the rectangles at any shape you would like(Triangles,Squares,Circles)! I would use butter instead of margarine for a less-fat-treat! you could also cook cereal with Chocolate for cocoa-cocoa-Yankee Doodle Dandy Treats! Amazingly Amazing!"
"These are OK. But I think that the icing is a bit overkill. The basic recipe is really all you need. If you want to make it patriotic, just use the red, white and blue sprinkles. Sprinkle about 1/4 c..." See moreup on top of your already panned mixture, press them in and refrigerate. They look just as festive without worrying about the summer elements messing with the icing."
Just swipe to see more like this.