Liz's Banana Bars8 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“These banana bars are sweet and moist. They are a favorite among my friends and family. I recommend eating them when they are still warm or letting them sit in the fridge to cool for a few hours. Enjoy! You can substitute butter in even amounts for the margarine.” - by Liz_Perry
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch dish
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Combine the milk and lemon juice in a small bowl; allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. This will effectively 'sour' the milk.
- Stir the 1/2 cup margarine, the white sugar, eggs, salt, and flour together in a bowl. Add the soured milk and mashed bananas and mix thoroughly; spread into the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges begin to brown very slightly, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes before frosting.
- Prepare the frosting by beating together the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and 1/3 cup margarine in a bowl using an electric mixer. Spread evenly over the cooled bars before cutting into 20 even-sized pieces. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 283 cal
- 11.3 g
- 43.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Is baking soda missing from the recipe? Just took out of the oven and they look kind of heavy and dense...." See more"
"Did not turn out well at all. Bland - seemed to be missing ingredients and did not bake up well. I added vanilla to the frosting and it was better then. Would not make again...." See more"
Frosted Banana Bars
Banana Oat Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.