Hawaiian Frosted Cake2 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 min
“I know there are a lot of variations for this kind of cake, but I experimented a little and found a recipe that my family really likes. I hope yours does too. It's flavorful without being overpowering like some other recipes I've tried like this. It doesn't last long in our house!” - by Jodster
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray, or butter the pan well and coat inside with flour to prevent sticking.
- Beat the cake mix, water, eggs, vegetable oil, 1 package of coconut cream pudding mix, and 1 tablespoon of rum extract in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in the crushed pineapple. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cake has risen, turned golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool the cake to room temperature in the pan on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, spread 2 tablespoons of flaked coconut onto a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes. Remove the coconut, allow to cool, and set aside.
- To make frosting, whisk 1 package coconut cream pudding mix with milk until the mixture turns thick and creamy, about 2 minutes. Gently fold in the whipped topping, 1/4 cup flaked coconut, coconut extract, and 1 teaspoon of rum extract. Frost the cake, and sprinkle toasted coconut on top. Keep refrigerated.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 482 cal
- 20.8 g
- 68.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for my father-in-law's birthday because he likes coconut and everyone loved it. I was concerned about the rum flavoring being too much but everything came out perfect! I used a bundt pan a..." See morend the cake turned out nice and moist (I did have problems getting it out of the pan but I think I should have waited for it to cool a little longer before trying.) The frosting is very yummy. A little tip: if you forget to thaw the whip cream like I did, an electric wisk works wonders. I also used a little extra toasted coconuts on top. Very excellent recipe. It's rare that I find one that I don't feel the need to alter very much."
White Almond Wedding Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.