Grandma Kay's Chicken Enchiladas8 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“A simple but tasty enchilada recipe. A family favorite.” - by swannkitten
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 11x15-inch baking dish.
- Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan with enough water to barely cover; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. Remove from the pan, drain, and shred with two forks. Place the shredded chicken into a bowl and mix with 8 ounces of Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and canned green chilies.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture in a line down the center of each tortilla and fold the tortilla in half, enclosing the filling. Starting at the filled side, roll the folded tortilla into a cylinder. Place the rolls into the prepared baking dish with the seam sides down.
- In a bowl, whisk together the soup, half-and-half, chicken broth, and about 1/3 of the 2nd package of shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese. Pour the sauce over the enchiladas, sprinkle remaining Colby-Monterey Jack cheese over the casserole, and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling and the cheese topping is melted and beginning to brown, about 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 642 cal
- 28.2 g
- 61.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"Wonderful recipe! I have 8 kids and even the pickiest loved this recipe!!! The only thing I'd do differently is double the sauce but only because I used 2 smaller pan......" See more"
"i think these enchiladas could have been great with a different sauce. nobody in the family liked it...i think it was too cheesy/creamy, tasted like i'd melted velveeta over it. the chicken mixture wa..." See mores a hit though, my hubby and kids were digging it out of the tortillas and eating it anyway. i'm going to use the leftovers and start over with an enchilada sauce this time."
Chicken Enchiladas V
Quick Chicken Enchiladas
Just swipe to see more like this.