Lemon Polenta Cake1 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 1 hr 30 min
- Ready In: 2 hr
“A syrupy lemon thrill that is my favorite! This cake recipe uses ground almonds instead of flour.” - by kiminal
Original recipe yields 1 10-inch cake
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 10-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the sugar and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond meal, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Gently fold it into the butter mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 90 to 120 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, combine the lemon juice and superfine sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil until the sugar has dissolved and the liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- Remove the cake from the oven and use a skewer or toothpick to prick holes in the cake. Pour the lemon syrup over the surface. Allow the cake to cool in the pan completely before serving.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 1161 cal
- 62.9 g
- 130 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"I made my own almond meal using raw almonds and coarse polenta instead of fine cornmeal, but otherwise followed the cake recipe exactly, and baked it in a 10" springform pan. The result was a deliciou..." See moresly rich, gluten-free cake with a heavy crumb. A few sprigs of rosemary tossed into the lemon syrup as it simmered (and then strained out) added a little extra dimension. I'll definitely make this again soon, but with just a tad less butter (some melted through the springform). The cake could easily serve 12 and would be fabulous paired with some ricotta and berries, or perhaps Greek yogurt and apricots."
Sybil's Old Fashioned Lemon Layer Cake
Lemon Cake with Lemon Filling and Lemon Butter Frosting
Just swipe to see more like this.