Rosemary Steaks with Papaya Butter2 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 25 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 40 min
“This recipe is easy to make but looks very gourmet. If you want a fancy grilling recipe, try it out.” - by Dreamshards8
Original recipe yields 3 10-ounce steaks
- Preheat outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Rub the papaya slices evenly with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Cook the papaya on the preheated grill until hot and softened, about 10 minutes.
- Blend the grilled papaya, garlic, and butter in a blender until smooth. Pour into a small container and cool in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours.
- Again preheat outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Rub the porterhouse steaks thoroughly with the 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir the rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic salt together in a bowl; rub evenly onto both sides of the steaks.
- Cook the steaks until they are beginning to firm, and are hot and slightly pink in the center, about 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140 degrees F (60 degrees C). Top with the papaya butter to serve.
Amount Per Serving (3 total)
- 882 cal
- 83.3 g
- 4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"First, a disclaimer: I'm gaga for rosemary. So much so, that I misread the recipe and added rosemary both to the butter as well as the steak. But not to worry: it's one tasty dish. I used T-Bone, rat..." See moreher than Porterhouse, because that's what they had at the market. I overcooked it a bit but even at that, this is a lovely way to BBQ steak. The papaya adds a subtle, but definitely wonderful, flavor to the mix. This is one of those home-run recipes that you might expect to get at a restaurant. In other words, exquisite. A comment about grilling the papaya: I simply cut half a papaya into four long slices (about 1" thick/slice). Even after coating the grill with oil, the papaya wound up sticking a bit. So keep your eye on it. But don't leave it out! It's the real hero of this recipe... although my beloved rosemary surely carries its weight."
Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Blue Cheese-Chive Butter
Emily's Marinated Venison Steaks
Just swipe to see more like this.