Triple Decker Grilled Shrimp BLT with Avocado and Chipotle Mayo9 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 20 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“With tasty grilled shrimp and spicy mayonnaise, you won't want to have a BLT any other way! ” - by aquariuscook
Original recipe yields 2 sandwiches
- Combine mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, lime juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Puree until smooth with a stick blender. Alternately, you can use a food processor to puree the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Toss the shrimp in a bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook shrimp on the preheated grill until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 3 minutes on each side.
- To assemble sandwiches: Spread prepared mayonnaise dressing generously on 1 slice of bread. Arrange half of the shrimp and avocado slices on top. Place another slice of bread over the avocado, and spread another layer of the dressing. Top with a lettuce leaf and 2 slices of tomato followed by a third slice of bread. Repeat with the remaining ingredients for the second sandwich.
Amount Per Serving (2 total)
- 1433 cal
- 119 g
- 59.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"My grocery store didn't have any chipotles so I had to make do with that new Kraft Chipotle mayo. Sandwich was very good, it's a BLT with shrimp added. Super-messy to eat and keep together in sandwi..." See morech form but everyone enjoyed it."
"Everything you would ever want, smoky, spicy, creamy, tangy salty. Amazing..." See more"
"Yum! Don't be like me and not read the recipe carefully... I dumped the whole can of chipotle peppers into the mayo when it should have been only one individual pepper (I've never used this ingredient..." See more before)! My mouth was on fire, lol. I did scrape off most of it from the sandwich because of this unfortunately. The tiny bit I left on really gave that sandwich great flavour! I did not season the shrimp or use olive oil; just cleaned and peeled them then fried in the bacon grease. Also used regular, toasted bread to make the sandwiches. For a complete meal, add a salad."
Easy BBQ Flank Steak with Chipotle Mayo
Shrimp Avocado Pasta Salad
Just swipe to see more like this.