Swiss Chard and Mozzarella Quiche in Zucchini Crust2 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“Vegetarian quiche baked in zucchini shells. Zucchini should be about 12 inches long and 3-4 inches in diameter. ” - by Matthew Valleau
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet; cook and stir the garlic in the hot oil until slightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle in the rosemary and let cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 more minutes. Cook and stir the chard until the leaves are wilted; cover the skillet and let the chard steam until the stems are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chard mixture to a bowl, stir in the tarragon and basil, season to taste with salt and pepper, and let cool. Stir in the mozzarella.
- Trim the stem and blossom ends from the zucchini and halve lengthwise. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon, leaving a 3/4-inch thick shell. Discard the flesh. Beat 2 eggs with the milk in a bowl. Lightly fill the shells with the chard mixture. Pour the egg mixture over the chard.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the quiche filling is set and the zucchini shells are tender, about 40 minutes.
- To prepare crumb topping, melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the bread crumbs in the butter until well combined and starting to give off a toasty fragrance, about 2 minutes. Remove the stuffed zucchini from the oven and gently pat the bread crumbs over the top in a layer; return to oven and bake until the crumbs are browned, 10 to 15 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 475 cal
- 27.9 g
- 38.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"tastes great! the only thing I would change is use only 1 cup breadcrumbs and just be careful when you cut the zucchini make sure the ends stay intact so the egg mixture doesnt flow out...." See more"
"I made this dish wish smaller zucchinis, so I put the chard in the squash and put the quiche mainly around the zucchinis in the baking dish. I also left out the mozzerella and replace tarragon with th..." See moreyme, based on what I had on hand. It was delicious, easy, quick, and very creative!"
Zucchini Fritters with Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato
Broccoli Quiche with Mashed Potato Crust
Just swipe to see more like this.