Cheese and Sausage Stuffed Zucchini127 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“A wonderful way to cook up zucchini!” - by SABRAMARIE
Original recipe yields 5 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a baking dish (size is dependent on the size of your zucchini).
- Place crumbled sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Partially cook zucchini in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. Remove from the microwave and let cool for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine eggs, Colby cheese, cottage cheese, Italian blend cheese, onion, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and rinse. Place both halves in prepared baking dish and sprinkle with garlic salt. Layer the sausage, tomatoes and cheese mixture in each half.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Then broil for 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
Amount Per Serving (5 total)
- 649 cal
- 51 g
- 10.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (127)Rate This Recipe
"As the creator of this recipe I just can't stop changing things! The zucchini I use is about 12 inches long, the size makes a big difference on the amount of stuffing you have. I just started using Mo..." See morerningstar Farms Burger style Grillers Veggie Recipe Crumbles (in a bag)in place of the sausage. Excellant! Also, even easier to throw everyting in a bowl, mix it and then stuff the zucchini. I cut out most of the salt too. Just sprinkled Season All on the squash before adding stuffing. Hope you enjoy!"
"Very tasty! I'm sure this is the best of the stuffed Zuc recipes on here. Instead of Colby, cottage, and italian cheeses, I used about 1.5 cups of mozza and 1.5 cups of cheddar, and a few tablespoons..." See more of parmesan. Turned out perfectly."
Cheesy Sausage Zucchini Casserole
Stuffed Zucchini I
Just swipe to see more like this.