- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 1 hr 45 min
- Ready In: 2 hr 5 min
“A crispy dish with a citrus kick--carnitas aren't just for enjoying in Mexican restaurants. The secret to authentic carnitas cooks up at home in three easy steps that combine the savory juiciness of pork shoulder with delicious spices.” - by Goya
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Season meat with Adobo.
- In a deep-sided frying pan or casserole, combine pork, onion, garlic, Jalapeno, bouillon. Add water to cover. Bring to boil, cover and simmer on low heat until meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain pork in colander, discarding vegetables and water.
- Heat oil in same pan on medium high. Add drained meat and brown, turning occasionally. When meat is browned, add orange juice and Sazon and bring to boil. Place in oven, uncovered, until juice reduces and glazes meat, about 30 minutes. Stir every 5-10 minutes so it doesn't stick and juice evenly coats meat.
- Serve with Tortillas, Salsa Pico de Gallo and Guacamole.
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"absolutely wonderful! I added Aleppo and chipotle, just to spice it up. What a wonderful and simple addition to my collection!..." See more"
"Delish!! I may never have ground beef tacos again. I used pork loin to cut down on fat. The second time I made this, I skipped the oven and put it in the crock pot, still wonderful. Served with corn t..." See moreortillas, pico, sour cream, lettuce and cheese."
"tasty!!! really like the citrus taste. its also one of the few recipes for pork shoulder that doesn't require 5hrs in the crockpot/oven. i didn't use any Goya products and was still able to create the..." See more recipe. Not spicy at all even though i added the jalepeno. Ate with warmed tortillas and homemade pico de gallo."
Shredded Chicken Tacos
Arroz con Pollo (Chicken and Rice)
Just swipe to see more like this.