Stuffed Shells III446 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 1 hr
- Ready In: 1 hr 30 min
“This recipe is a hit wherever you go. It is a very rich and cheesy meal and looks like a deep-dish pizza when done. I altered what I was originally given because I did not like cottage cheese and added other ingredients that I thought it deserved.” - by Renee
Original recipe yields 1 9x13-inch dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta, half the mozzarella, half the Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper until well combined. Stuff cooked shells with ricotta mixture and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pasta sauce, mushrooms and reserved mozzarella and Parmesan. Pour over stuffed shells.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 to 60 minutes, until edges are bubbly and shells are slightly set.
Amount Per Serving (10 total)
- 550 cal
- 24.5 g
- 43.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (446)Rate This Recipe
"This is the third time i've made this and I love it. I discovered if I make the filling first and put it in the fridge for a while while preping my other items, it becomes firmer and SO much easier a..." See morend neater to stuff the shells."
"Restaurant quality! Believe it or not, I was able to reduce the fat, and it still came out delicious. I bought lowfat ricotta cheese, used only 3/4 cup mozzarella + 1/2 cup parmesan in the filling (..." See moreadded 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and would do that again), and left off the cheese in the sauce, just sprinkling a bit of parmesan after baking so it looked pretty. It made two 13x9x2 pans, and I wish I had used 2 jars of sauce instead of 1. The sauce dried out after baking, so next time, I will cover with aluminum foil first, and remove it the last 10 minutes or so. Thanks so much for the recipe - will definitely be making it again!"
"My family loves this recipe! My 3 year old eats shell after shell!! We're not a mushroom family, so I leave those out. I scoop the filling into a big ziploc bag, close the top up, make a small cut i..." See moren one of the bottom corners and squeeze into the shells - no mess! I also divide this recipe into two 9x13 pans. We eat one and the other goes into the freezer for later. Freezes really well!"
Stuffed Shells I
Stuffed Shells II
Just swipe to see more like this.