Salmon in Creamy Silk Sauce22 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“A delicious, elegant and easy way to impress your company! Thick, rich and creamy silk sauce has a wonderful lightly sweet flavor!” - by wildchild
Original recipe yields 4 filets
- Tear a 2 foot piece of parchment paper and place lemon slices in the middle, lengthwise. Place fresh rosemary and thyme on top of lemon slices. Lay salmon filets on top of herbs. Divide 1 tablespoon of butter among each filet. Fold and seal the parchment paper being careful that the lemon slices and herbs stay on the bottom. Wrap another piece of parchment paper tightly around the fish.
- Place fish packet into a double boiler for 25 to 30 minutes. While fish is cooking, make the sauce.
- In a saucepan, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of butter, olive oil, garlic and onion; cook and stir on medium heat for 15 minutes, until onions are transparent. Do not over brown. Pour in heavy cream and cook until it begins to thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the hot butter mixture into a blender. Add fresh mint and blend on high for 10 to 15 seconds. Pour back into the saucepan to warm and thicken for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not let it sit too long, or it will begin to break down.
- When fish is done, remove from parchment paper and pace on a warm plate. Spoon sauce over top of fish.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 708 cal
- 65.4 g
- 8.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (22)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was fairly good. I was expecting more depth to the flavor. I definitely enjoyed trying something new and this was a method of preparing salmon I had not tried before. The only changes I ma..." See morede was to add a bit more onion and garlic. I may or may not make this recipe again."
"This is my family's favorite dish! It is always requested for company and other special occasions. It is easy and fast, and great served with Fresh Steamed Broccoli and Wild Rice!..." See more"
Crusted Salmon with Honey-Mustard Sauce
Quick Poached Salmon with Dill Mustard Sauce
Just swipe to see more like this.