Sister Schubert's® Chicken Pot Pie with Bread Topping13 Reviews
- Prep: 30 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 10 min
“No need to mess with pesky piecrust in Sister's recipe for this classic dish.” - by Sister Schubert's®
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly mist a baking dish with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium high heat; add mushrooms and saute until they are golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
- In same skillet, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter; add onions and cook until they are soft and golden brown. Add flour and stir for 1 minute; pour in chicken broth and heavy cream and whisk until sauce is smooth. Mix in mustard, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley. Pour sauce into large mixing bowl.
- Fold in chicken, carrots, peas, beans and mushrooms into sauce. Pour all into prepared baking dish.
- Arrange sliced rolls on top of filling and brush with melted butter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is bubbling. If topping starts to brown too much, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 564 cal
- 32.3 g
- 40.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"with a few modifications this was a great meal. I felt it was a little heavy on the thyme i think a 1/4 tsp would have been just right. I added 1/4 tsp of marjoram (dried) and did a puff pastery crust..." See more, 400' oven for about 20mins. Will definetly make this again. Little idea, make the mix and put in a ziplock container or baggy and freeze it. have puff pastery on hand and when your ready, defrost it and assemble. Happy cooking!"
"This was really good. I did not have dijon mustard and used ground mustard instead and it was delish! It is rather time consuming and involved for a pot pie recipe but I think it's worth it...." See more"
Sister Schubert's(R) Breakfast Bake
Sister Schubert's(R) Berry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Just swipe to see more like this.